Saturday, October 25, 2008

FRIDAY

Friday's at the Watkins home are pretty hectic. In the mornings we usually have six grandkids. Joye is there with hers, Randy's at work and Justin's at school and Tiffany works on Fridays. Rob has every Friday off and he is so good to help me with the kids. I even have the nerve sometimes to ask him if I can leave to get away for awhile and he's always willing to babysit while I go. Well yesterday we decided to take a field trip and go to the pumpkin patch. So Joye took her two in one car and we took four in the van and away we went.


You have to understand that you don't go to the pumpkin patch to get pumpkins, you go because it's a good place to get pictures. You buy a token pumpkin or two and then you go to Maceys where pumpkins are 12 cents a pound instead of 21 cents a pound So first thing we did was to get a group shot.


Then we loaded them up. Zack was less then thrilled.

So we reloaded and all was well.


Zack then spent some time doing his Harry Potter imitation and tried to levitate the pumpkins.

They searched high and low and Joslynn and Jared were good enough to help Grandpa Rob by pushing the wagon. Actually they never got out of the wagon to look for pumpkins Grandpa Rob just pulled and Grandma Mary found the pumpkins.

Then it was time for more photo's first Zack and Jace


Joslynn and Abby
Abby and Jace wanted to have pictures with their sister and brother. But Joslynn and Zack were less then enthused.

I cheated, this is actually a picture that Joye took of her kids when they went a couple of days before. But look how good they cooperate.


PLEASEEEEEEE GRANDMA, get me out of here!!!!!!!


Well I think all in all Zack was the most thrilled with the whole adventure.

When we got home the decorating began.


Later that night Rand and the girls went to a Halloween party. It's appropriate that Rand's dressed as a cereal box because he eats so much cereal and then leaves his bowls everywhere.

CAMERON'S HOME!!!!!
Cameron came home that night for a weekend visit.

The kids were so excited to see him.
At times this summer we had 12 people in our house at once living here. At times it's been a little chaotic, but for the most part it has been a wonderful experience. Micah and Joye are leaving us next weekend and we'll be down to six when the girls come to stay. That may still sound like a house full to some but I'm thinking it feels a little empty. So to Micah, Joye, Matt, Jared, Cameron and Kelsey thanks for the ride. We loved having you here. You are always welcomed back.

















4 comments:

laurakrummenacher said...

I remember thinking when I was a teenager that you had the cutest boys in the world. I think your grandkids have outcuted them!

Kristen said...

That looks like sooo much fun! I think you two are the coolest grandparents. Can we come join you? I know you need more in your house!!!! We laughed and laughed over Rand's costume. Where did he get such a cool costume? Love ya and miss ya tons.

Anonymous said...

We will be back more than you know. I would stay here forever if Micah would let me. I have loved all the family time.

Alta Willis said...

I love your blog Mary and the pictures of my cute great grandchildren. I got my magnifying glass out so I could see their faces better. But why didn't you have a picture of you with them? Mom