Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Willis Family Recipes

So about two years ago I had this wonderful idea that I was going to do a family cook book. I begged, coerced, threatened the family for recipes and then being the wonderful procrastinating person that I am I never got the recipe book done. So a couple of months ago I found some of the recipes. The others, I'm sure, are on the computer that is dead in our family room. So I'm adding a new addition to my blog, WILLIS FAMILY RECIPES. I'll post them and if you want them you can have them if you don't ignore then.
ENJOY!
PUMPKIN GINGERBREAD TRIFLE
Courtesy of Jason Bastian
2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1 ounce) package cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon cardamom or cinnamon
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional (I like to use shaved chocolate instead)
Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle on the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punchbowl.
Note: Jason brought this to Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and it's pretty yummy!

No comments: