Monday, October 20, 2008

I HATE COMPUTERS, NO, I LOVE COMPUTERS, NO I HATE COMPUTERS

Okay, so I'm having a love, hate relationship with my computer, the internet, VISTA, whatever, it's all the same. I do transcription for insurance companies and for weeks I have not been able to download WAV files because of studid VISTA. This has been a concern because I can make more money with the WAV files then my other files. I've been using Micah and Joye's computer because they have XP, but you probably know what happened to theirs - VIRUS - but it's fixed, anyway.....

THEN I try to do this blog thing and it's working fairly well [okay actually I have to bug Joye about everything] but other then that I've felt pretty good about that. So then I been saving this email from my friend, Margo, inviting me to FACEBOOK, so today thinking I'm all that with the blog I think to myself, self ,I bet you could actually figure out how to look at her Facebook, but NOOOOOOO, to look at her Facebook you have to JOIN Facebook so I think, okay, to look at Margo's Facebook I'll just join. So then it comes up with all these names, names of my friends, family, complete strangers that I should put down as my friends. So I think, okay, what the heck, I'll say they're my friends. All the sudden I'm getting all this email saying they accept the invitation to be my friend. I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALREADY MY FRIENDS. In the meantime, I can't figure out how to get to Margo's page because she isn't showing up. Then I finally get to her page and MARGO, you have nothing there!!!!! So all of you who have been so kind to accept me or whatever you do in Facebook, I'm sorry, I'm NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN!!!! It's TOO MUCH for my little brain to handle!!!!

Oh, by the way, my boss, in Seattle, finally came up with a solution for me and I can now do WAV files, I know, you were so concerned weren't you?!? But then I turn back on the computer and it looked like I had lost everything else. So I restart again and there everything is. Then, I go to my blog because I think, I can vent on my BLOG, but, no, my blog is not there. Well, to make a long story short Rob helped me. I'm back on. I can now sleep, hopefully not about computers.

5 comments:

laurakrummenacher said...

I'm just impressed you are trying! Good job! My friend's dad did the same thing with facebook. He ended up inviting general authorities along with everybody else he has ever e-mailed to his facebook. He was very embarrased about it.

sweetieabbott said...

lol, I still haven't tried to do the whole facebook thing. The blog is good enough for me. I'm glad everything is working out, hopefully your computer will be nice to you now. I'm with you, I hate Vista, XP was much better on so many levels.

Anonymous said...

Okay so I wanted to see what you said and I noticed that I am not even on your family/friend list. I guess I am just not as loved as everybody else is.

Kelsey said...

hey hey love the gilmore girls theme music in the background. lol. i was concerned so go WAV files. haha. miss u can't wait to see u sunday

Kristen said...

You know, I get on Facebook but still can't figure the thing out myself completely. I think I have like 60 requests for different things waiting. I'm not sure how to do it. Blogging is way less stressful.