Friday, October 31, 2008

Family Party

So I'm backtracking a little bit.
We had a family party last Sunday, October 26
We celebrated Gerrick's B-day and did our annual pumpkin carving extravaganza.
To tell you the truth, I don't carve pumpkins.
But Rob loves it and I love it as long as I don't have to scrape out the pumpkin guts or do any carving.
I love watching everybody and now we are having the next generation of Watkins join in and it's just fun.

This year we had a house full because Gerrick and Cameron invited friends and then we had Kelsey come with her friend Craig.
We were so excited that everyone could be home with us. Some didn't know the rule that all, except mom, must carve. (I take pictures.) But it was still great fun.


Kelsey was way excited to see Gerrick

Kelsey and Craig

Rob and Kelsey - The daughter he never had.

We love you Kelsey!!!

Megan and Gerrick

Cameron brought Kaylie and Shauna with him from Rexburg

??????
Abby was way excited to carve.
She showed Randon how to do it.

We're going to have to watch her with knives
We didn't think Rand carved this year, but we now have proof.

Justin hasn't always been a pumpkin carver but I think he's starting to get into it. He did a Homer Simpson pumpkin this year. My very most favorite pumpkin he ever did was when he had a skelton with a fly rod fishing.

Tiffany joined in too.

Jace's Masterpiece
Zack wandered around the room making sure everything was okay.
The end result.

Jared loved the party.
We were sooooo glad to have Micah and Joye and fam with us again.
Micah had started to go apostate on us a little bit in Maryland and would carve jack-o-lanterns without patterns, you know, just using triangles, etc.
I think we got him back in time and got him some intervention.
Well, maybe he needs a little more work.
Matt loved it.
We even found Joye doing one at the end.
Note: Joslynn was there too but somehow she escaped pictures.
Okay, so I didn't put any pictures of Rob carving but he did. And guess what right now it's 6:30 p.m. on Halloween Night and do you know what Rob is doing all by himself in the kitchen - you got it -
CARVING PUMPKINS!!!!!!
The ones we did do on Sunday kind of died so he's trying to get more out there to show.
STAY TUNED.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

That looks like so much fun again. I think I'm going to move to UTAH. Who's that girl with Cameron? WHo is Craig. I feel like I'm lost. Happy late birthday Ger Bear. His girlfriend is pretty cute.

Janet said...

What fun!! My poor kids were not able to carve pumpkins this year -- darn block 3! Thank you for letting my girl join in! You are so wonderful to her! Love you!!

Cameron and Kaylie said...

Wow we are no longer related. All you can put is question marks on mine and Kaylies picture. I dont know how I feel about this. YOu should change that.

Kelsey said...

i love you guys so so so so much! i'm so glad i got to come for the party and i am still the favorite :) eheheh